The Engineer, QE is responsible for planning, designing and execution of complete automated scripts for the NextStep Product features. He/She works as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure test quality is driven by automation of the functional and integration test cases. He/She will report to the Project Manager and work with the peers of NextStep Product Engineering Group.
- Understanding stories from backlog and develop automated test scripts for the completed NextStep product features
- Interact with product owner, product managers for any requirement clarifications.
- Liaise with Engineering Lead QE and follow the Test Strategy and Plan.
- Develop and maintain QE Automation scripts and create documentation.
- Execute functional and integrations automated test cases, record actual results and identify defects.
- Assist in test defect management process, monitor and report on defect resolution.
- Identify and suggest changes to predetermined quality guidelines and policies.
- Support Product Team and Data Science Team to identify and resolve defects.
- Identify needed data sources working with Product owners and external team within concord.
Qualification and Abilities
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience with Ui/UX testing in a QA and/or application development environment.
- Experience with developing frameworks for web-based applications (SaaS experience preferred).
- Sound knowledge in Selenium and Protractor is must.
- Software Development principles and methodologies such as Agile
- Hands-on current experience authoring, building, and adopting large-scale, automation frameworks with well-balanced coverage across UI, functional, API and back-end cloud integration (including end-to-end automation)
- Experience with different test automation approaches (including BDD and hybrid) and technology stacks (Java, .NET) supporting microservices. Other technologies of interest include SoapUI, Postman, JMeter, or Visual Studio Load Test.
- Integrate test automation into CI/CD process and instrumenting full SDLC automation (With Azure DevOps is plus)
- Experience of NLP (natural language processing) or MBTA (Model-based test automation) based applications is a PLUS.
- Knowledge of training and predict processes in ML Models and ML algorithms is desired.
Education and Experience Preferred
- Degree level qualifications in a technical (or related) subject would be advantageous but not mandatory.
- Significant experience in Agile Testing Process
- Proven successes in testing product development using Microsoft .NET and SQL server technologies.
- Industry certifications in the relevant areas is a plus.