We are currently looking for a Engineering Manager for our Chennai office to oversee our development team. This team is developing cloud-based products, product enhancements, and conducting ongoing product maintenance on cutting-edge document workflow and data processing applications supported by Artificial Intelligence. This position will not only manage a team of Software Engineers, but also provide the deep technical expertise and experienced leadership necessary for the operation of a successful engineering group. The role will include software development following Agile methodologies and influenced by Lean principles, as well as people management, coaching and mentoring in a highly dynamic environment with extensive interaction across cross functional teams.
The Engineering manager is the “go to” person for software developers across disciplines and must be strong with all the policies, procedures and technical issues related to delivering successful software products.*
- Own and maintain high integrity of design, quality, and long-term maintainability of end-to-end software.
- Provide expert architectural, design, development and process guidance on approach and capabilities to develop efficient solutions while managing to timelines and quality expectations.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations where necessary.
- Work with product owners and development teams to refine requirements, and see development through to QA, deployment, and ongoing maintenance.
- Develop and Manage a team of Software Engineers of various levels of experience.
- Work within cross-functional teams (Operations, QA, PM, etc.) to drive successful deployments and drive efforts to reduce inefficiencies in release process.
- Monitor and evaluate application performance and identify areas to improve stability.
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new technology stacks and understand their impact and relevance to our platforms.
- Facilitate issue resolution and remove roadblocks for smooth execution.
- Actively manage engineering processes and compliance to them
- Proactively contribute enhancing processes, bringing in best practices and efficiencies
- Set goals, conduct performance reviews, provide coaching, address training needs, and assist with hiring and candidate screening
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Professional Experience required:
- 12+ years hands on Software engineering manager with extensive hands-on involvement in software development, design, coding and unit testing
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in people management, career planning and leading software teams of at least 15 – 20 members
- Experience in handling critical issues, escalations, and unforeseen roadblocks
- Good working experience in AI applications and workflows.
- Hands on Experience with TensorFlow, Scikit, Genism, Spacy, BERT and Data augmentation techniques Natural Language Processing, Image processing
- Experience in deploying scalable machine learning models to production Message queues, File Streaming, Microservices architectures, CI/CD pipelines, Jira, Confluence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and define the process and consistency across teams.
- Ability to multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure
- Highly self-motivated and outcome oriented
- Experience in collaborating with team members to drive results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills