The Senior Performance Test Engineer is responsible for planning, designing and execution of complete automated tests for the NextStep Product features. He/She works as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure test quality is driven by automation of the functional and integration test cases. He/She will report to the Manager and work with the peers of NextStep Product Engineering Group
- Defining and implementing best practices for performance engineering of large scale products running in on-prem, cloud and Kubernetes on cloud.
- Help application teams in scaling their applications and sizing the hardware required to meet projected load.
- Work with developers in identifying improvement areas on the server side, front end and back-end DBs (RDBMS and NoSQL)
- Engineer code for performance using profiling tools, dump analyzers and by various optimization techniques.
- Be the performance expert on key projects to evaluate and improve the performance.
- Create load scripts for key flows, construct complex workloads and data shapes to expose potential bottlenecks.
- Analyze performance results to identify bottlenecks and optimizations.
- Automate possible testing processes and Innovate solutions to improve performance engineering effectiveness.
- Should be able to create and execute different performance test scenarios.
- Do application scalability/bottleneck analysis by correlating
- Application performance with Infrastructure monitoring trends.
- Be able to setup Performance Test Environment independently.
- Prepare detailed status reports and track all defects and Performance issues to closure.
- Evaluate non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate with Business/ Application teams to improve system performance.
- Help Engineering teams in tuning code, server configuration, infrastructure, DB and front-end areas.
- Interact with engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
Qualification and Abilities
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience with performance testing and bench-marking in a QA and/or application development environment.
- Experience with developing performance frameworks for web-based applications (SaaS experience preferred).
- Strong experience with performance testing tools (Gatling, JMeter experience desired)
- C# Performance profiling experience
- Strong experience with performance and stress testing
- Experience in APIs/Micro services
- Experience with cloud and virtualization, operations, and automation
- Experience with load testing tools, profiling tools and regression testing
Education and Experience Preferred
- Degree level qualifications in a technical (or related) subject would be advantageous but not mandatory
- Significant experience in Agile Testing Process
- Proven successes in testing in product development using Microsoft .Net and SQL server technologies.
- Industry certifications in the relevant interest is plus